The First Years Hands Free Gate is just as the name says it is…hands free. Simply press the pedal and bump the knee plate and the gate opens.
The gate is designed to be easily opened by an adult, but very difficult for children. This is a big benefit when carrying your child and not having a free hand to open the gate.
The First Years Hands Free Gate fits all standard 29-34 inch door openings, although it should be noted that the gate tends to be a bit unsteady at maximum width.
Extension kits are also available for larger openings and we recommend them for using at mximum width.
This pressure mounted baby gate is built out of high quality metal and designed to provide years of use.
- Completely hands-free operation that is designed for adults, but too difficult for toddlers
- Fits 29 – 34 inch door openings
- Gates makes an audible click when shut so you know it is secure
- Extension kit available (sold seperately)
- No tools or hardware needed for installation
- Made of high quality metal
- Pressure mounted baby gate measures 32 inches tall
- For children 6 months – 2 years
- Meets or exceeds all U.S. Safety Standards
Summary of Reviews
There’s a lot to like about The First Years Baby Gates. Expert reviewers and customers have all said the hands free operation works well, and that small children can’t open it.
Many have commented on the ease of installation, quality and workmanship, and the value in this baby safety gate.
According to general online consensus, and our own research and testing. The First Years Hands Free Gate works as stated and is a good option in baby safety gates.